Monday, 23 April 2012

Another Salute done ...

Another Salute is done and dusted. As with every year, I spent far too much money, but managed not to use a card at all! I got to the back of the advance ticket holders' q at about 9.50am - doors open at 10am - after having walked around 500m to find the end of it ... as you can see in the photos below, I couldn't even see the entrance until having walked forward in the q for 5-6 minutes!

The delay, though, is always due to the number of punters - Salute is the best organised show I've attended and the Warlords always do a fantastic job with it.  Anyway, here are the poor quality, blurry, piccies I've got. Mainly due to taking the pics one-handed as I had a large bag full of toys in one hand!

The advance ticket q when I joined it
can't even see the venue
same q after 3 mins walking - still can't see the venue! 
At last! - after 5-6 mins walking in the q, the entrance is in sight!
Building on the Gripping Beast stand;
was tempted, but intend 2 build one myself
The scrum around Hasslefree's stand
Behind that long line of gamers is
(allegedly!) the bring-and-buy
Allsorts go to Salute ... I think this guy was demo'ing
an Anime game ... he could just like Pandas though ....
Commando Mini's not seem them before. Got a pack of their
post ww2 brits for SE Asia insurgencies
VSF is one of my likes; great stuff on this table
Steam Tank from the same game
and a flyer from it as well - lovely model
Another strange flyer game; took this photo because of the
mat they used - quite intriguing
Fantastic victorian-era terrain - no idea bout the game though!
The radio controlled tank game - £1.50
for 5 mins driving or until you got blown-up!
My haul - details will follow
in another post


4 comments:

  1. I am very jealous! I wish there was something this big in my part of the world.

    I checked out the Commando Mini's web site - they don't have much information there really, but what they do have looks very interesting indeed.

    I look forward to seeing what is in your bag of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh.....

    WHAT!
    IS!
    IN!
    THE!
    BAG!
    Do not leave us in suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patience m'lud! About to do a post on the first bunch of stuff out of the bag, but it will take quite a few posts to do it all :)

    @Shelldrake - wish I had better and more pictures for you my friend

    ReplyDelete