Tuesday, 14 August 2012

New Toys - 1/3000 ships #2 Navwar

This time it's my new toys from Navwar, a miniatures company that seems to have been around for ever. Unfortunately, they seem to be stuck in the early 1980s as far as technology seems to be concerned, as to order from them you have to fax them your list - FAX!?!? - and card details (!) and they have no email address!!

So it was with some trepidation that I faxed my list to them. Most miniature companies will let you order by email or have a web-shop and with those you'll (normally) get an acknowledgement or similar that your order has actually arrived, but with this faxed order, there was nothing - I didn't even know if my order had made it to them, as although there is a phone number on their site, it seems - to my reading anyway! - that it's only manned on a saturday afternoon!

Anyway, just as I was about to try faxing a letter to them to find out what was going on, the figures arrived ... what a relief! To be honest, they weren't at all slow in the turn-around as I faxed on the Friday and the figures arrived on the Tuesday (IIRC).  It just seemed like forever as I'd faxed my card details into the wild blue yonder!!

I don't think I'll be able to handle that again even though the figures are nice and the service was quick ...

Anyway, here are the pics of the miniatures I bought:





It was only the fact that I couldn't find any trawler models from Mick Yarrow Mini's or Skytrex that tipped me in favour of ordering from Navwar at all ...

It is a shame, as from what I can see of their models they are pretty good! They should really update their ordering process - at least a contact email address!

Next time the last ((and biggest!) batch, from Skytrex

2 comments:

  1. Navwar aren't based in the town of Bedrock, are they? Don't they know this is the 21st Century? You're a braver man than I'd have been for ordering from them, Colin! Even so, all's well that ends well.

    ReplyDelete