Friday, 26 October 2012

Moving

Waaay back in this post - temporary-absence - I explained that I wouldn't be likely to be posting again in the near future due to my impending home move ...

Well, 9 posts later (!) it's now happening.  My completion date is next Wednesday - 31-Oct - but due to the demands of work, I'll be actually moving on Friday and then have the Monday to Wednesday of the following week as holiday.

All this means that there won't be any posts here for the next 2 weeks (maybe longer) and the sites/blogs that suffer my presence on the interweb will be seeing less of me as time continues its inexorable march towards the event.

So, until I'm back posting, good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes well, and I look forward to seeing your posts back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I expect that you'll be living out of boxes for a while, if my experience is anything to go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Colin, and I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries mate see you soon, fingers crossed it alls goes smoothly and we all want pics of the new man cave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A preventative "Moving-day" horror story, so hopefully, nothing you experience will feel as bad. One of my moves, I had to be out of the house that day, and had 12 friends and family coming over to help. I went to pick up the truck from the company that morning, and foolishly went with a small local company with only like 1-2 vehicles. So, what could go wrong, the guy working at the time locked the keys in the truck THAT morning. I'm sitting quietly across the table from him while he is frantically panicking, calling lock smiths, and the company owner. Fine, fine, I'm all set to chalk it up to accidents happen, and am quite sympathetic, UNTIL..... .... the guy stands up, grabs the stapler off with desk, walks outside to the truck and proceeds to slam the stapler against the driver side window. As I'm picturing the prospect of myself sitting on a pile of soon to broken glass, I was only fortunate that his attempts to break pretty much looked like the limp flailing of a Romero ombie in NOTLD, half dead and all messed up. An hour later the locksmith showed up. If anything goes, hopefully there is an amusing visual for you. -Carl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with the move, luckily I haven't had to move house in a very long time but I still know how stressful it can be.

    ReplyDelete