Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Happy New Year and Fallout 3 ...

Well, a rather belated 'Happy New Year' to all of you from all of me ... but better late than never I guess!

Over the holiday period I rediscovered 'Fallout 3', which (now I've persevered past the introductory sequence) is a really fun game - very much a post-apocalyptic Skyrim. Using the 'Ghoul-to-Zombie' mod is giving me current zed-gaming fix, but not quite faced a horde as yet ....

Whilst playing the game, I have been thinking about putting an actual tabletop game together as well, mainly in the pondering which rules to use. I've been glancing through 'No More Room In Hell' again, and think I will almost certainly use the core of these rules as a base, if only to give them a try-out.

Anyway, I have the follow-up to Fallout 3 - 'Fallout: New Vegas' - arriving soon, so don't expect many posts from me in the near future!

Until the next time, take care ....

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Colin. I haven't had the please of Fallout 3, But regulary revist its Older 2D Brothers and I love Fallout Tactics.

    hmmm depends on how much indepth you want to go mate.

    Try this set for free

    http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/nuclear/downloads.html

    If you want some inspiration. Check out some of threads here. Say hello its somewhere else alot of us lurk :D

    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/index/

    ReplyDelete
  2. for my age, its probably weird, but I haven't heard about fallout until I've started lurking the Lead adventures forum :D

    As for NIMRH, I find them having all I'd want in a zombie game (campaign, ammo, food, vehicles, lots of weapons, even lots of zombies etc), but there's something that bothers me and I can't point a finger on it exactly. Could be the core rules. It has this nice rules for cusomizing your vehicle. It could work for post apocalypse, but then you'd probably need someone to play the bad guys...could be solo gamed with zombies tho.

    And, of course, happy new year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still the New Year imo, so you're good.
    I've played both Fallout games to death and Fallout New Vegas was a bit of a let-down after F3, but still worth playing'
    Happy New Year to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New one Colin, computer games, I know what you mean hard to get away from...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't played Fallout 3, but Skyrim... WHAT a game! Immense in every detail possible :D

    ReplyDelete