Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Painting? What's That? and "In Her Majesty's Name"

First of all, apologies for the extended lack of posting [again! :( ] ...but moving on from that ...

As followers of my blog may remember, I moved home in the last quarter of 2012, and since then I've not done a single bit of painting ... I'm really not sure why that is, but I just haven't. Going back over my (infrequent!!) blog posts, I've made some buildings, but no painting :(

Anyway, after I first saw them on the Board of the Living Lead, I decided to get some of Clearco Miniatures' first releases - Modern Female Survivors. Anyway, I've nearly finished these and hope to 'magic dip' them tonight, so look for pics later this week ...

In other news:
  • My copy of "In Her Majesty's Name" VSF rules from Osprey arrived yesterday. Not read much beyond the introduction as yet, but my first impressions are very, very good! I'm certainly looking forward to reading the rest.
  • I've based all my Land Ironclads and 2mm Infantry, so hopefully now I'm painting again I'll get some of them done and photographed soon.
  • As well as the Clearco mini's I've mad a start on my 40mm Greeks as well, and I'm looking forward to the release of Of Gods and Mortals Mythological Wargame Rules from Osprey later in the year, which seem tailor-made for these figures ...
  • I'm getting everything I need together to build a 15mm country village for my VBCW project
  • The '1st Light' spaceship will get some attention in the near future ... (honest!) 

11 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to see them painted ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get there eventually; thought I'd finished them last night, but seeing them in the cold light of day this morning I see they still need some more doing to them ... so it will be a while yet :(

      Delete
  2. I am also interested in what the Clearco miniatures figures come out like. And I am glad you like the "IHMN" rules so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said above, they'll be delay yet :(

      Yes, the rules look great and what I've read so far is good

      Delete
  3. No need to apologise for the lack of painting - we all go through periods of hobby drought! In any case, it sounds as if you're doing plenty now :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not the only one then! ; it is good to have the blog network as inspiration though - especially yours Colgar, it's one of the best that I follow, so keep up the good work!

      Delete
  4. We Want the spaceship built! we want the spaceship built! (stamping feet and hands), I remember following the female survivors on TMP, their really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spaceship?! What spaceship?! oh that one! Well ... erm ... yes, ok.

      I didn't even know Clearco was on TMP; I rarely go there, every time I tried to register it told me membership system was down, so I gave up

      Delete
  5. Sweet lots going on then mate :D I ended up cancelling my IHMN rulebook order I though it was all paid for and just had to wait for delivery only when I got an email saying it might ship early then we'll charge your debit card I was like nooooooooo I'm skint. Never mind will get it next month or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I hope you get it soon buddy - I'm very impressed with it so far, as, it seems, are many others! I saw on the LAF last night, that Osprey are doing another print run, it's been so popular

      Delete
  6. I'm damned pleased that you like the rules Mr Nash :) We're hoping that you like the supplement - Heroes, Villains and Fiends as well...

    Cheers,
    Craig.

    ReplyDelete