Friday, 26 August 2016

Progress, but no pics

I've asembled one half of the arena and dipped and satin varnished the ACW buildings that I showed a pic of in this post over the last couple of nights, but not done as much as I could have ...

It's just been too hot for a wimp like me the last couple of nights, so nothing much has got done ...

However, as today is payday, I've been spending already!  I ordered some stuff from Kerr and King (some bases & 10mm buildings to go with my 1940 North Africa figures) and a Wargame Vault order (the new modern naval rules Naval Command & the TAC B-17f and Bf109g).

I got the TAC planes based on Jim's recommendations on his Tea and a Wad blog. I think my Dad would like to have a go at these - he spent his entire career working for the MoD and has an abiding interest in air combat (probably due in no small part to his father working for Vickers-Armstrong during world war 2).

And I am very, very tempted to get Charlie Foxtrot Models' newest release, the Red Lion Pub (pic to the right) ...

But I do think I should get some of the MDF pile I've already gor finished first!

4 comments:

  1. I have also got some 10mm 1940 Western desert stuff to paint up. all Ready for the analogue painting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look forward to seeing them Clint

      Delete
  2. I also downloaded Naval Command, having been impressed by Rory Crabb's pre-dreadnought rules. I was thinking of using NC for modern FAC's but it isn't really suitable for what I originally intended. It would be great for Cold War and/or Second World naval 'what if' games, which is where I might go with it. What scale were you thinking of using? 1/3000, 1/2400 or 1/6000?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got some 1/6000th cold war RN and USSR ships already done for Shipwreck that I was planning to use; going to put them up in a post

      Delete