Friday, 30 September 2016

Tuesday's Game


Unfortunately, although Tuesday evening's game of Contemptible Little Armies (CLA) was very enjoyable, I forgot the case into which I had carefully packed everything I needed except my figures! This included my camera so I have no pictures of the game at all :(  Jim did bring his camera though, so there are some pictures in the post over on his blog "Bolshevik Victory!"

It was an experimental game for me - the first outing for my White Russians as well as my first 'solo' game with the rules - and it could certainly have been a better result for me, but I did enjoy it which is what counts. As I have no pics of the game here are some better pics of my latest recruits; first the tank

And then the sniper - he will have numerous tufts to enhance his 'hidingness'
I had also intended to use the game markers that I had been making over the summer for the first time. Made from Supreme Littleness Designs range of 15mm Markers I had been looking forward to 'getting them out' as it were ...

All of the markers have been glued to pennies and then filler was place around the markers to round them out. After painting, Army Painter strong tone was applied and then 2 or 3 (can't remember!) coats of satin varnish applied.

These green 'X's were to be used to indicate stationary units - which are harder to hit under the CLA rules.
The explosion markers were to record that morale tests were necessary
And finally, the crossed bones would have been used to mark that a unit had failed a morale test. In CLA a unit can fail morale multiple times and it should be marked that it has - after 3 (I think!) such failures the unit routs and is removed
I've got a whole bunch of different markers done and will get some photos of the rest up eventually!

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking mini's. I forgot my tape measure at the last tournament.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already commented on Jims Blog. I am getting into Back of beyond wargaming. And thanks (Partly) to your inspiration will be playing a game via my blog about the political background. So feel free to feel smug knowing how much joy you will be bringing. Drop me a note on my blog if you want to play. (If there is space you are in).

    I have also started collecting 20mm Back of beyond figures as well. (20mm works better for me as I already have the scenery).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it. The Third Peasants and Workers Shock Brigade would be delighted to re-educate again at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly take you up on that but it will be a very different white horde that you'll be facing!

      Delete
  4. And the sniper is a very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll be even better with tufts!

      Delete
  5. Those markers will be a lot nicer than brightly-coloured tiddlywinks. It's always good to have something which blends in a bit with the rest of the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely Hugh - making some on sand at the moment so they'll blend in even more - hopefully!

      Delete