Tuesday, 13 September 2016

White Russians group shot

When I first attended Wessex Wargamers Winchester there were rumours of a Back of Beyond campaign to be run by Jim of the excellent blog Jim's Wargames Workbench. Unfortunately, it was postponed to an unspecified time later this year.

Anyway, as this coincided with my annual bonus, I bought a bunch of 28mm figures and painted them:

I got as far as dipping them before the postponement was announced, and as it is now later in the year, last night I got all the painted infantry out so I could add the satin varnish to tone down the gloss.  As I Was about to leave for work this morning I realised that I hadn't put pics of them up on here yet so I took the group shot above.

Tonight, I'll add the varnish and try to get some better shots for their My Lead Men page. As well as the above I've got 12 (of 18) cavalry done and a steam tank that will be an FT17 in the rules

4 comments:

  1. I do like the idea of a back of beyond campaign.

    Seeing your figure I am almost ready to be side tracked. Kindly let me know what rules you intend to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be Contemptible Little Armies
      http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=650

      with the Back of Beyond army lists
      http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=5740

      I've played once and not a big fan of them, but that's what they use at the club

      Delete
  2. They look really good...a nice little force. Happy to give them a thrashing at the hands of the Third Workers and Peasants Shock Brigade some time! (I haven't forgotten about the campaign...will get things together soon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking force, time I think to start getting yourself some opposition for them rather than relying on the whims of others.

    ReplyDelete