Tuesday, 8 November 2016

News ... Bad News ...

Well it's happened again ... for the fourth time in what is laughingly known as my career, I'm being made redundant ...

Bit of a shock - on Thursday last week, my manager's manager says to me that he and I are meeting with the HR Director and I'm told that my role is no longer required and following a two-week 'consultation' period I will not be needed.

On top of that, I am not required to attend the office ... 'gardening leave' I believe it's called.

So, one hell of a shock, and now I'm looking for a job again ... apart from that everything is rosy ... not.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to here that, It's happened to me a few times. Even companies I have worked for going bust and owing me pay. It will get better and may open up better opportunities for you. Do not panic, take a couple of days to relax then bash on to a better future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey..really sorry to hear that Colin. I hope something turns up for you asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, sorry to hear that. I've only been through it once and we sort of knew it was coming. Hopefully something will come along soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sucks, wish you all the best finding something new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks dude. I hope you can find something soon mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer. Good hunting. I hope the next job is better than the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being made redundant is never good but it seems to be something one should expect these days [unless you're in a protected job such as Pope or Queen, of course]. It's happened to me a few times as well and so I'm deeply sympathetic.

    Try to think positively: you've got an opportunity to review and decide what you want to do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find something soon Colin.

      Delete