Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Good News!

After 3.5 months of unemployment, I started a new job last Monday.  So far everything is good, but I've still got the normal 3 mth probation period to get through ...

Although I did get a fairly decent payout from last employer, it has been rough during this period and the depression that seems to be constantly with me got really, really bad for a time ...  Money will be an issue for a while, and I've decided that I have to sell my flat as I really couldn't afford to be paying 2 mortgages - the flat and my daughter's home (with my ex- )

I have a buyer and it seems to be moving along ok (so far!) and I've moved in with my parents until that all gets sorted & I complete my probation. At that point my cunning plan is to buy another home ..

Hardly anything has been done on the hobby front during this time ... I haven't managed to accomplish anything much.

Oh well; hopefully things will get back on track over the rest of this year ... :-)

6 comments:

  1. Good news indeed.
    Hope the job works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with the new job and the housing situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As those above have said, I hope this works well for you. It certainly sounds like it's in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - appreciate the kind sentiments more than I can say

    ReplyDelete