Thursday, 13 April 2017

Cunning Plan ...

As I just posted on the Wars of Turkmenistania blog, I have a cunning plan to rescue some of my toy soldiers from storage tomorrow.

The place I have my stuff is open from 10am to 4pm so I have a 6hr opportunity to get my White Russians, VBCW and maybe my Fantasy Naval stuff.

Unfortunately there are 2 things against this ...

  1. They're all right at the back of the store, behind a fridge freezer amongst other things, so it's going to be hard work - something that I am against on principle
  2. I've planned to do this for the last 3 or 4 weekends in a row, and my recent tendency to visit the pub the evening before, where my new friends force me to imbibe several pints of Guinness have led to me being ... shall we say 'unsuitable' for physical exertion the next day
I shall try my best to fight through these obstacles! :)

6 comments:

  1. Just remember that no plan survives first contact with the enemy!

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived local I would offer to help But I suspect you are not in The Medway area of Kent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you Clint, but alas I am not! The store is in Aldershot on the north east border of Hampshire

      Delete
  3. I'm sure Guinness is classed as one of your five a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can it possibly not be Irqan?! :)

      Delete