Thursday, 27 April 2017

FFT3 - taken the plunge ...

I've long been eyeing the modern ruleset Fistful of Tows 3 - it seems very popular with bloggers all over the place.

However, the seemingly extortionate price on Wargames Vault for it of £30.70 seemed much fairer once I read the review of the rules on the Delta Vector blog. I think this quote had the most effect on my opinion:
The bulk of the book is from the  263 pages of "army lists" - orders of battle for pretty much every country's forces at brigade/regiment scale from 1915 to the present along with vehicles, infantry and weapon details for those forces, as well as detailed rules for designing your own.  This hefty tome is probably the most comprehensive resource of its kind I have come across and would be very useful for other WW2-modern games besides FFT3.
I was also impressed by the arguments of evilleMonkeigh (the blog's author) and have visited Lulu.com to get the coil bound version for myself. At £37.88 (+ P&P) it wasn't that much more than the pdf version.

I'll post more about it when it arrives


No comments:

Post a Comment