Thursday, 10 August 2017

Tank Tracks to Rangoon: The Story of British Armour in Burma

Well I'm in my new house now, and hopefully will be actually playing a game on my new kitchen/dining table now that I have the room to leave a game set up!

Anyway, at the moment I am reading "Tank Tracks to Rangoon: The Story of British Armour in Burma" (hence the title of the post!), a fascinating book full of ideas for scenarios using my Peter Pig 14th Army figures with my Skytrex Lees.

For instance, I certainly didn't know that the Japanese had used captured Lees! Unfortunately, I've not been making notes, so I'm going to have to read it again and do that!

4 comments:

  1. Now that's interesting regarding the captured Lee's. Not heard of that or seen any pictures. That must have been their heaviest armour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH I have Just done a 15mm Japanese army for PBI. And now you tell me I can use some Captured Lee's. Zvesda here I come. (Cheap Plastic Kits)

    Although I do want to keep it mostly Infantry I know opponents won't. So good to have an answer of sorts.

    Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great glad your settled in :)

    ReplyDelete