Both rulesets use the same system (called the 'In Sight' system by NWG) with 'No Stars' being the SF version while 'No End' is for Cold War / 'Modern' conflicts. To emphasise that I'm using a hybrid, I've decided to call my version 'The Earth in Sight' or TEiS
There are a couple of differences between them though, which is why I'm using a hybrid. I'm going to list the changes I'm making for TEiS here & will put a page on the blog to collate changes as I add, amend or even remove changes. So far they are:
- Remove 'permanent' stress as per No End
- The activation of a leader is a phase - when all leaders 'exhausted' the 'turn' is over
- Competence - all troops are either 'Skilled' or 'Unskilled' with the micro-gravity of Luna
- Jumping - figures can jump obstacles of upto twice their height as part of their movement
- Unskilled - if over their height, subject to reaction fire & if fired upon are pinned upon landing
- Base Move - Skilled add 1"
- Rushing - use d10 for rushes
- Unskilled - if roll more than distance to destination will be pinned at end of move, but have option to move full roll
- Grenade Throwing - ALL thrown grenades scatter; use d12 for direction
- Unskilled scatter 1d8"
- Skilled scatter 1d4"
- Grenade Launching - may scatter short or long
- Unskilled - d6; 1-2 short d6", 5-6 long d8"
- Skilled - d6; 1-2 short d4", 5-6 long d6"
- Smoke Grenades - 3" radii; place marker/token next to smoke cloud; at end of turn remove all smoke without a marker, remove marker from those that have one
- Hard Vacuum - any casualty (i.e. unresolved hit) at the end of the turn is killed