I did, however, bump into a gaming buddy that I don't think I've seen since before my daughter was born (!) although I might have slightly after that momentous day ... anyway, the long and short of it is, he's intending to return to gaming and hopes to be able to make it to the Farnborough club! This is good news as one of the many reasons I stopped going was nobody was interested in the genres that I was, whereas my buddy - let's call him Andy* - was! So I hope to actually play some games soon! Woo-hoo!
*- well it is his name after all! ;)
I also, picked up some new toys and other bits that you can see in the pic. In the pic are (in no particular order):
- anti-shine matt varnish spray to finish off my 'magic' dipped miniatures
- half a dozen paints to replace some that dried up completely as my last painting break had been so long ...
- ODD07 Armed Staff from Ironclad Miniatures
- PR03 Prussian Jaegers from Ironclad Miniatures and PR08 Prussian Officer from Ironclad Miniatures (to finish my Germans on Mars IHMN company)
- BR07 British Tank Commander from Ironclad Miniatures and a miscast figure John gave me to use the head from - very nice guy!
- From The Square [although existing, that website has nothing on it :) ] a hatch in the ground and some alien trees - again for Mars
- From Ainsty Castings, 5 Apes with SMG (Crooked Dice I believe) and their own AGG104 St Johns Ambulance or Traffic Wardens
- And a whole bunch of stuff from Products for Wargamers:
- plastic foliage to make Martian plants
- steel 6x6cm bases to finish my altitude stands after a successful post-salute 13 experiment
- steel 5x5 and 2x2 sm bases for basing my 2mm buildings
- two bags of hex bases for my cunning plan for VSF aerial combat ...
In other news:
- I got the Osprey on the Balkan Wars for father's day - cool!
- Still not got the latest issue of 'Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy' :( will get the pdf in the next couple of days